They Said That
“I would say that the sport is now officially the UFC, which has been their plan and strategy all along. Good for them for achieving it.”
– Strikeforce commentator Frank Shamrock to Sherdog.com’s The Savage Dog Show.
ONE MAGIC LOOGIE
“I was out of order. As a father, as a mixed martial artist, or possibly even as a role model, it’s not a way I should be behaving. It’s not how a mixed martial artist should be acting – not how any man should be acting.”
– UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping to The Telegraph on spitting at Jorge Rivera’s corner after his win at UFC 127
“That’s seven in a row in arguably the toughest division in the UFC. I’m ready for a title shot. I come in here and fight my heart out.”
– UFC Lightweight Jim Miller following his UFC 128 victory over Kamal Shalorus.
“I don’t think being a champion in wrestling will make me a champion in mixed martial arts. I think success is determined by the person.”
– UFC light heavyweight Phil Davis to bleacherreport.com
“When Korean Zombie pulled off the twister and said he’d learned it from my YouTube videos, man, I was on cloud nine that night. I ate six chocolate chip cookies with milk that night as I sat there reading all my Twitters. I thought, you know what? I’m celebrating. So I went to Subway and got six chocolate chip cookies.”
– Eddie Bravo to MMAFighting’s Ben Fowlkes on Chan Sung Jung’s use of the Twister at UFC 128.